The future of Paul Teutul‘s show, “American Chopper,” is in limbo.
The Discovery Channel show has not been renewed yet, with an insider telling Page Six on Tuesday that it will be canceled. The insider added that Teutul, 70, is currently planning a move to Del Ray Beach, Fla., and wants to relaunch a YouTube channel in wake of the show ending.
But another insider pointed out that “the show has been resurrected multiple times” between TLC and Discovery, as both brands are part of Discovery, Inc.
“Nothing is set in stone with that show — and nothing ever set in stone with them,” the second insider said. “That show has nine lives and they haven’t all been used yet.”
However, Teutul’s rep, Paris D’Jon, told us that everything is status quo, saying: “The show was not canceled. Season 2 is over. He’s not ‘launching’ a YouTube channel; the YouTube channel was launched in 2009. We are just rebranding the YouTube name, OCC Plus.”
“He’s not moving,” the rep added. “His home is New York and Orange County Choppers is thriving.”
What isn’t thriving though is Teutul’s bankruptcy case.
Page Six reported last month that the trustee presiding over the case wants it to be thrown out because they feel Teutul isn’t taking it seriously. His rep told us at the time that it was “untrue.”
Discovery declined to comment on the future of “American Chopper.”
Source: Read Full Article