When opening up about her split from the NBA player, the former ‘Power’ star admits that she is caught off guard to learn that their marriage has come to an end.
AceShowbiz –La La Anthony has finally broken her silence on her divorce from Carmelo Anthony. Admitting that she didn’t expect her marriage would end, the former star of “Power” confessed that “that s**t hit me really hard.”
The 39-year-old opened up about her split from her husband when appearing on “The Angie Martinez Show” on Monday, October 11. “That s**t hit me really hard,” she told the host. “It came outta nowhere. I wasn’t expecting.”
“I’ve heard so many times like, even a lawyer said once, ‘Well, he’s a basketball player, what did you expect?’ To be honest, I didn’t expect that,” the TV personality went on noting. “I didn’t go into this marriage expecting that, so I was caught off guard.”
“It’s been years now since then,” La La said about the amount of time since she and Carmelo called it quits. “To a lot of people, it feels like this single thing is new. It’s been years now that we’ve separated, so I’ve dealt with the emotions behind it. I still have my moments, but for the most part, I can talk about it now and laugh about it and find the humor in it all. Otherwise, I’d be a basket case. I already went through that part.”
When asked about whether she had been in a “bad” emotional place, La La replied, “I was bad because it was public. I was bad because there were other people involved.” She added, “I was bad because there were allegations. It got bad.”
La La divulged that she has yet to start dating again. She also explained that after going through the difficult situation, she could “realize how strong you are, resilient, and you bounce back. And then you’re checking DMs and trying to go on a date.”
La La, who shares 14-year-old son Kiyan with Carmelo, filed for divorce from the NBA star in June after 11 years of marriage. Despite the separation, the exes remain friends.
Source: Read Full Article