Queen Elizabeth II: Arlene Foster pays tribute to monarch
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, 50, has paid tribute to the Queen in a recent video following news of the monarch’s death. It came after the Queen peacefully died in Balmoral aged 96 on Thursday afternoon.
In the post, which he shared with his Twitter followers, the Jumanji actor shared his condolences and gave his “strength” to the Royal Family.
He said: “Well, it has been one hell of a Thursday so far,” he said.
The star continued: “I’m just swooping in really quickly to stop in.
“I want to send my love and my condolences, my light, my strength to the royal family during this time in the spirit of the passing of the Queen.”
Dwayne concluded: “I’m so sorry, I know the pain, like we all know the pain. What a life. What an incredible life.”
He added he never had the chance or the “privilege” to meet the Queen.
The Rock said he was in awe of the unbelievable seven decades of her reign, praising “what an impactful life” she had.
It followed on from a viral hoax that spread around Twitter which the actor’s name was attached to.
A fake message was tweeted which used the Queen’s death to promote the trailer of his new film Black Adam, which came out on Thursday.
One fake tweet, doctored to make it seem like it was posted by The Rock, read: “Rest in peace to her Majesty the Queen, Elizabeth II.
“A great woman who sat on the throne as long as anyone in British history. Sad she will never get to see Black Adam.”
On Thursday, September 8, it was confirmed that Queen Elizabeth II had died at the age of 96.
In a statement, Buckingham Palace said: “The Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon.”
The Queen was the oldest and longest-serving British monarch in history, serving the country and the Commonwealth for over 70 years.
Her son now inherits the throne as King Charles III and previously began the process of taking on some of the Queen’s responsibilities some years ago.
Charles’ new duties were noticed earlier this year when he attended the State Opening of Parliament in her place.
The funeral plans are being referred to as Operation London Bridge.
It included the announcement of the Queen’s death, the official mourning period, and preparations for the state funeral.
The plan was first drafted in the 1960s and has been revised many times until her death yesterday.
Source: Read Full Article