ALL eyes were on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry as they presented their new baby, Archie Harrison, to the world yesterday.
But did you spot the awkward moment their PR guru had to sprint out of shot to avoid getting in the way of the big reveal?
Sara Latham, who is the new head of communications for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, was captured on camera caught in a flap at St George’s Hall in Windsor.
She had walked into the chapel in front of the new parents, but appeared to have not left sufficient time to arrive before Harry and Meghan.
It’s certainly been a busy week for Sara, who seems to have faced a number of challenges with the birth announcements.
On Monday, the former Anglo-American former Hillary Clinton campaign manager didn’t inform news outlets worldwide what was going on with the birth, due to technical difficulties with emails.
WHO IS SARA LATHAM, THE SUSSEX'S HEAD OF COMMUNICATIONS?
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex appointed Hillary Clinton's campaign advisor Sara Latham as their head of communications when they split royal households from Prince William and Kate Middleton.
She now reports directly to the Queen's communications secretary, Donal McCabe.
Sara previously worked at Freuds overseeing global corporate accounts, and she had a particular emphasis on executive thought leadership and purpose-led campaigns.
The Sussexes and Cambridge’s previous head of communications, Jason Knauf, remained with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in the capacity of senior advisor.
The palace sent out emails at 1pm on Monday, but many didn’t arrive until an hour later.
And representatives had previously said media outlets would be informed when Meghan went into labour – but she gave birth at 5.26am earlier that day.
Officials refused to explain the delay, but they did apologise “profusely” for a technical glitch which meant the lunchtime email intended for all media outlets announcing the labour only reached Sky News.
And palace aides also refused to reveal officially where baby Sussex was born — on the instructions of Harry and Meghan.
Fans were left baffled by the wish for secrecy as the tot’s birth certificate will reveal the actual location where he was born.
In a break with tradition, the Sussexes said they wanted to keep details private and pointedly failed to name or thank the medical team who helped with the birth.
In contrast, William and Kate have always been happy to share details of the births of all three of their children.
Harry and Meghan had made it clear in a previous statement made before the birth that they wanted “to keep the plans around the arrival of their baby private”.
A Royal source at Windsor Castle said: “We had a few difficulties, which led to some inconvenience.
“It was all a bit rushed but there was nothing we could do.
“The good news is that the baby is healthy and the Duke and Duchess are over the moon.”
Meghan's mum Doria Ragland, who is said to be "overjoyed" by the arrival of her first grandchild, is currently staying with the couple.
Sun doctor Carol Cooper had said previously it was more likely Meghan will have opted for a caesarean because of her age as she warned about the dangers of older mums giving birth.
Meghan's dad, Thomas, who has been frozen out by Meghan, spoke of his pride at the birth of the baby – his sixth grandson.
Source: Read Full Article