TOP tech is always a prime candidate for discounts come November.
So we’ll be keeping track of the best Black Friday iPad deals to help you find an offer this winter.
*We may earn revenue if you click the links below and buy the products but we never let this affect our recommendations. Remember, to shop around on Black Friday to make sure you're getting the best price
- 2020 Apple iPad Air, 10.9-inch 64GB (4th-generation), was £579 now £539.97 – buy here
Tech items figure highly into what you find on sale during Black Friday – and while Apple itself rarely slashes prices on its own goods, that doesn't mean you won't find great iPad deals elsewhere.
These tablets are among the industry's finest, each generation boasting ever-improving touchscreens, internal processors, features and capabilities.
Plus, the recent launch of the all-new 2021 iPad and 2021 iPad Mini will doubtless have knock-on effects on older generations of the tablet.
But – like all things Black Friday – it's easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer volume of deals.
That's why we've put together this dedicated page of the best iPad deals, where you'll find only genuinely good deals and savings.
For an in-depth guide to the biggest sales event of the year, head to our when is Black Friday explainer.
Best pre-Black Friday iPad deals
Keen to get shopping already? Well, you're in luck: lots of retailers are already slashing prices in the run-up to Black Friday. Here's our pick of the best iPad deals.
- 2020 Apple iPad Air (10.9-inch, Wi-Fi, 64GB) at Amazon – £549 (save £30) – buy here
- 2021 Apple iPad Pro (11-inch, 256GB WiFi + Cellular) at AO – £970 (save £29) – buy here
- 2020 Apple iPad Pro (11-inch, A12Z Bionic, iOS, Wi-Fi & Cellular, 1TB) at John Lewis – £1,209 (save £210) – buy here
- 2019 iPad Mini 5 (7.9-inch, Wi-Fi, 64GB) at Argos – £399 – buy here
When is Black Friday 2021?
This year Black Friday falls on Friday, November 26.
It comes the day after the American holiday Thanksgiving, which always falls on the fourth Friday of the month.
That means Black Friday is always the fourth Friday of the month, and so the date changes from year to year.
But the sale period is larger than one day: some retailers start a week or two early, while others continue beyond the weekend into Cyber Monday.
If you’re looking for Black Friday iPad deals then, there’s a window of around three weeks in which to find a decent discount.
There should be plenty of opportunities too, with a number of retailers stocking iPads involved in the sale bonanza.
When will Black Friday iPad deals start?
Although Black Friday officially begins on November 26, lots of retailers start offering deals ahead of time.
So, it's worth keeping an eye out for iPad sales in the week or so before Black Friday – you might just spot a fantastic early-bird offer.
When will Black Friday iPad deals end?
The Black Friday sale continues until Cyber Monday, which is November 29.
That Monday is the final day of bargain prices, so make sure you get your Black Friday shopping done by then.
How to get the best deals on an iPad this Black Friday
There are lots of options among the iPad models – whether you're looking at the latest releases or older models, iPad classic, Air, Pro or Mini.
So, read around them all and decide beforehand which model you want to buy. Then check out its current price.
That means, come Black Friday, you'll be able to look for your preferred model straight away – and you'll know how much you're saving.
Shop around, too. Different retailers will have very different prices and bundle offers, so make sure you find the best deal for you.
More Laptop and Tablet Deals
- Tablet Black Friday deals
- Chromebook Black Friday deals
- Black Friday Monitor deals
- Laptops Black Friday deals
What's the best iPad right now?
Apple has just released a new iPad and new iPad Mini, so those are the latest must-haves.
However, you're probably better off looking at the slightly older iPad models in the Black Friday sales. The previous generation of iPads still gives you a fantastic piece of kit – and won't break the bank.
Is Black Friday a good time to buy an iPad?
It definitely is! Apple iPads are known to last, so this is an investment purchase. But you can combine getting a top-end piece of tech with much lower prices on Black Friday.
If you care about making a significant saving on your iPad purchase, wait until Black Friday.
What to expect from iPad retailers in the Black Friday 2021 sales
Based on past years, there will almost certainly be Black Friday iPad deals in 2021 which offer better value than at any other times – with likely discounts of £50 or more.
We don't either expect the 2021 Apple iPad or 2021 iPad Mini will make an appearance in the sales, since these are very recent additions to the market.
The 2021 Apple iPad Pro was released a little earlier in May this year, but it's also unlikely to see any kind of significant price drop.
This deluxe piece of kit was described by our tech editor Sean Keach as 'so good it's hard to believe it really exists' in his 2021 iPad Pro review.
Discounts don’t tend to be as big as they might be with other tech brands, and you might have to be quick as stock of any iPads that are on offer may go quickly.
Be sure you are happy with the discount before buying – researching prices ahead of time will help you identify a really good deal.
It's also sensible to compare prices before you confirm a purchase.
Who has the best Black Friday deals on iPads?
We’ll find out the best iPad Black Friday deals when November arrives: offers change year on year, and any retailer could offer this year’s best discount.
In past years, the best deals we saw were from John Lewis and Currys PC World.
Other retailers to keep in mind during November are: AO, Amazon, Argos and mobile networks' online shops.
- Visit our Black Friday page for the latest news
- When is Black Friday this year?
When is Cyber Monday 2021?
Cyber Monday falls on Monday, November 29 this year.
It's another opportunity to score deals and discounts on wish-list items like iPads – sales often start on Black Friday and continue through to Cyber Monday.
But if you want to keep an eye on wider deals, the likes of John Lewis, Amazon and Currys PC World are sensible retailers to check for offers.
Will Apple have Black Friday deals?
It is unlikely that Apple will take part in Black Friday.
The company has kept out of the sale event in previous years, and there is no suggestion that will change for 2021.
Apple does usually reveal an 'Exclusive Apple Event' allowing for some savings for fans of iPads, Apple Watches and Macbooks.
If there are any iPad deals to be had, from Apple or elsewhere, you can be sure we'll be keeping track.
Should I wait until Black Friday to buy an iPad?
You can save a decent chunk of cash on an iPad with Black Friday discounts, so it's a good time of year to get one.
Another good time to buy an iPad is when Apple releases its newest models – the prices on older ones often start to drop.
More Apple Black Friday Deals
- All Apple Black Friday deals
- Apple Airpods Black Friday deals
- Apple Watch Black Friday deals
- iPhone 12 Black Friday deals
- iPhone 11 Black Friday deals
- iPhone 13 Black Friday deals
- iPhone SE Black Friday deals
Will there be Black Friday iPad deals on the Mini 6?
The iPad Mini 6 is the very latest iPad release from Apple: it only appeared in autumn 2021.
That means it's very unlikely you'll see Black Friday deals on this iPad Mini, since it's so new and very much in demand.
However, it will almost certainly feature in the Black Friday sales next year.
What Black Friday deals were there on iPads last year?
The best iPad discounts on Black Friday 2020 included:
- iPad mini Wi-Fi 256GB, now £499, save £50 at Amazon – buy here
iPad Pro 12.9"
- Apple iPad Pro (12.9-inch, Wi-Fi, 256GB), now £990.20, save £78.80 at Amazon – buy here
- Apple 12.9" iPad Pro (2020) Cellular – 256 GB, now £1131, save £88 at Currys – buy here
- Apple 12.9" iPad Pro (2020) Cellular – 128 GB, £1037, save £82 at Currys – buy here
iPad Pro 11"
- 2020 Apple iPad Pro 11", A12Z Bionic, iOS, Wi-Fi, 256GB, Space Grey, now £816, save £53 at John Lewis
- 2020 Apple iPad Pro 11", A12Z Bionic, iOS, Wi-Fi, 128GB, Space Grey, now £739, save £30
- New Apple iPad Air (10.9-inch, Wi-Fi + Cellular, 64GB) – Silver (Latest Model, 4th Generation, now £679.97, save £29 at Amazon – buy here
What pre-Black Friday iPad deals were there last year?
In 2020, we saw plenty of great deals offered in the run-up to Black Friday, so it's worth checking early again this year.
Last year's pre-Black Friday discounts included:
- Amazon – The internet giant offered good deals on iPads like the Apple iPad Pro 128GB, priced at £719.41, down from £769, and the Apple iPad Pro 265GB at £990.20, down from £1,069. Shop those here and here.
- John Lewis – The retailer offered £150 for trading in your old iPad and Apple TV+ free for a year when you bought a new iPad. Shop for iPads at John Lewis here.
- Currys PC World – You could also get £100 when you traded in a working iPad at Currys PC World, plus pay nothing for the first six months when you bought a new one on the Currys PC World payment plan (terms & conditions apply). Shop for iPads at Currys PC World here.
Black Friday iPad deals to look out for
With the recent release of a cheaper, 10.2-inch 8th generation iPad in 2020, keeping an eye on the new model would be sensible – just in case it drops to an even lower price.
The new iPad Air will be on shopping lists too, but we’re more likely to see deals on the older Air model.
For top spec discounts, look to the iPad Pro. The most expensive of Apple's tablets doesn't often see discounts – but November is the best time to expect one.
Generally, Apple itself doesn’t engage in Black Friday – although it does tend to offer an exclusive ‘Apple Event’ during the period.
More Amazing Black Friday Deals
- Best Black Friday deals
- Selfridges Black Friday deals
- Amazon Black Friday deals
- Currys Black Friday deals
- John Lewis Black Friday deals
- Argos Black Friday deals
- Very Black Friday deals
Enjoyed our round-up of the best Black Friday iPad deals? We've picked out the best tablet deals you can find year-round.
Considering a new Macbook or laptop this Black Friday? Head over to our Black Friday laptops page.
If you're looking for an internet boost, we've rounded up the best broadband deals you can find.
If you click on a link in this story we may earn affiliate revenue.
Source: Read Full Article