‘Bored’ man suffers severe allergic reaction after trying to dye his beard

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

A “bored” man’s lockdown makeover went horribly wrong.

Back in May, Marno Botha and his girlfriend Caitlynn Van Hecke, 21, came up with the idea to dye his beard from blonde to black.

But unfortunately, he suffered a severe allergic reaction to the product.

Chemical burns turned his face red and he was left in excruciating pain.

The 21-year-old, who is based in South Africa, said: "We dyed my beard in the afternoon and I woke up at like 3am with this intense itching on my face so I decided to shave my beard.

"I noticed my face had extremely red marks where the hair dye had been applied to my beard and then it started to swell up.”

Marno added: "I could barely move my face and the itching got worse so I went to the doctor who said I'd had an allergic reaction to the hair dye.

"I'd also suffered a chemical burn from leaving the hair dye on my face for too long."

The young man, who had previously had an allergic reaction to henna dye, took weeks to recover from the chemical burns.

To reduce the redness and swelling on his face, he had to take antihistamines for an entire month.

Marno added: "We just thought it would be fun and I could always shave the beard off – little did we know this would happen!

"Caitlynn felt really bad about how it all turned out and took extra good care of me.

"It took almost two months for my face to get back to normal – luckily we had to wear masks everywhere so that helped a lot!

"My face was sensitive for weeks and the intense itchiness drove me crazy. I was embarrassed to go out in public but I tried to look at the funny side of it!"

Source: Read Full Article