Boy gets heads stuck upside-down in cat's scratching post

Feline foolish? Mother is forced to call the fire department to free her young son after he got stuck upside-down in the cat’s scratching post

  • Cynthia Olson, from Wisconsin, shared photos of the moment her young son got his head stuck in their cat’s scratching post
  • He was ‘absolutely fine’ and ‘not hurt,’ but she couldn’t get him out
  • She entertained him with an upside-down iPhone while waiting for help
  • Three firefighters arrived to remove him  

They say curiosity killed the cat — and one little boy learned that lesson the hard way when he got a bit too curious about his cat’s scratching post. 

Last week, Wisconsin mother Cynthia Olson visited the Facebook group Catspotting Society to share the picture-perfect moment that her son’s head got stuck in a hole in their cat scratching post.

The little boy seems to have been doing his best feline impression while playing on the kitty jungle gym, but ended up upside down and unable to get out until the fire department was called in to save the day.

Whoops! Wisconsin mom Cynthia Olson shared photos of the moment her young son got his head stuck in their cat’s scratching post

Meow, that’s gotta hurt! The little boy seems to have been doing his best feline impression while playing on the kitty jungle gym, but ended up upside down and unable to get out


Just hangin’! It does not appear incredibly comfortable, though Cynthia seems to have done her best to keep him calm and entertained with an upside-down iPhone

‘Our son got his head stuck in our cat scratching post today and had to have it removed by the fire department,’ Cynthia wrote with a pair of laughing emojis and one face palm.

‘I thought my fellow cat friends would enjoy a little laugh this afternoon!!’

The images show her poor little son stuck in the carpeted equipment, his head pushed through a square, cat-sized hole.

It does not appear incredibly comfortable, though Cynthia seems to have done her best to keep him calm and entertained while they waited for help, propping up and upside-down iPhone with videos playing.  

‘I tried desperately to get him out myself but I’m a little vertically challenged and could not lift him straight up and turn his head and wiggle it out all at the same time alone,’ she said. 

Cynthia appears to have figured that firefighters are known to get cats out of trees — so why not boys out of cat toys?

The images then show the moment the local fire department arrived. Three firefighters managed to lift him out, and they didn’t even have to resort to using the gallon of slippery dish soap they brought along.

‘They did a phenomenal job!! I am sure it made for a much easier and more entertaining call than most they get these days,’ she said.

She also reassured readers that her son was ‘absolutely fine,’ adding: ‘He was not hurt in any way!’

Memory of a lifetime! Cynthia promised her son was just fine and not hurt

Loving it! The post has earned more than a thousand likes, and joyful commenters have shared their mirth at the mishap

The post has earned more than a thousand likes, and joyful commenters have shared their mirth at the mishap.

‘Thank you for having an amazing sense of humor! This is hilarious and adorable!’ wrote one.

‘This is absolutely something my kids would do!’ said another. ‘I’m so glad you shared these! And of course I’m glad he is okay! Too funny! At least he got to meet some firefighters!’

‘Oh my goodness! I love how hes watching his shows upside down!’ wrote a third. ‘Bless him, glad hes ok. Definitely keep these photos to remind him on his 21st birthday!’

And another commented: ‘Okay I loved how he just sat there chillin with the phone playing. I love everything about this, I could see my daughter doing it too.’ 

Source: Read Full Article