The FDA granted emergency authorization to a new treatment for patients with the COVID-19 coronavirus infection this week. The drug is a monoclonal antibody therapy approved for mild to moderate infections in patients over the age of 12.
But people are having a hard time getting past one part of the experimental medication from Eli Lilly. It’s the name: Bamlanivimab.
Twitter users had some thoughts:
- Here’s the latest science on COVID antibodies.
- How does the coronavirus spread differently than the flu?
- What does the new CDC definition of a COVID-19 “close contact” mean for you?
- Is it safe to see grandparents for the holidays?
- Therapists predict how this year will shape our mental health.
Source: Read Full Article