The topic of shower sex is deeply divisive.
While some think it’s a wonderful way to start the day others believe it’s the absolute worst, pointing to the difficulty of getting off when you’ve got soap in your eyes and your feet keep sliding around on the floor.
But could the naysayers simply not have tried the proper positions?
There are certain ways of doing shower sex that make it easier, safer, and more pleasurable.
Thankfully, Mia Sabat, sex therapist at Emjoy, is here to help us out with four shower sex positions that do the trick.
Stand and deliver
Also known as standing doggy style, this one is best done with a non-slip bath mat to ensure you don’t slip right over and knock your head on your shampoo bottles. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
One person is in front, with their back to their partner, with both parties’ feet firmly planted on the floor.
The person in front bends at the waist until their head is pointing towards the ground – they can rest their hands on the wall in front or on the sides of the bathtub for additional support.
The person behind then holds their partner’s hips and enters from behind.
Mia recommends the person in front uses their hands or the showerhead for extra stimulation manual, such as focusing on the clit (if they have one).
Mia explains: ‘This position involves both of you standing, facing each other, with one person leaning against the nearest wall for support (make sure to angle the showerhead away from your faces and on to your bodies for this to work).
‘Then, the wall partner ‘wraps’ one leg around the behind of the other to pull them closer.
‘Sexy, steamy and intimate – with a lower risk of falling over.
‘Not only does this position allow for over the top sensations and deeper penetration, but it enables you and your partner to be even more passionate and intimate, as you can kiss and caress one another while face-to-face – a truly perfect way to make shower sex even steamier!’
On your knees
This is an oral sex position, because that’s just as lovely in the shower.
‘The key to this position is making sure that whoever is receiving oral sex is standing, with the shower stream hitting their back – to shield the person who’s giving pleasure from any unwanted distractions,’ says Mia.
‘From there, the giver can squat, kneel or take any other position that allows them to pleasure their partner. Make the room hot and steamy for this, to ensure the person on the giving end doesn’t get too cold.’
One person sits on the floor, with their hands behind them, then the other sits on top.
‘This position means you’ll both be getting wet with the water coming from above,’ says Mia. ‘Perfect for a partner that enjoys watching you when you’re on top.’
Essential tips for shower sex
Mia also recommends the following steps to make shower sex so much better:
- Get stimulated before jumping into the shower. There are plenty of ways to do this. Perhaps you’d like to pop on an erotic story and get your imagination wandering. You could even try finding some shower-based pornography for inspiration. If you’re really keen to mix things up, you could experiment with getting dirty before getting clean: swapping massages with scented oil, exploring each other’s messier fantasies, or experimenting with chocolate body paint can be great ways to work up to shower sex, especially as you’ll really enjoy washing each other off once you jump in. Feel free to go where your minds and bodies take you – the possibilities are endless!
- Stay safe and avoid slippage. When it comes to shower sex, we’re going for something exciting, not dangerous! Be sure you take safety precautions through bathroom accessories like handles, gripped bath mats, and waterproof sex toys to ensure that any dangerous liaisons you get into in the bathroom
- Get a footstand. This will help to improve stimulation and can increase the depth of penetration
- Put on condoms before you get wet. There’s an increased risk of condom slippage in the water, so make sure it’s a good fit before you get in the shower.
- Remember water isn’t a replacement for lube. Have some water or silicone based lube on standby in case you need it.
- Try it alone. The shower is also a great spot for a solo sesh. Have fun and experiment on your own.
- Think outside the box. Sex doesn’t have to involve penetration! Think outside the box and engage with other forms of intimacy: be it mutual masturbation, self-pleasure, oral sex, or simple, spontaneous mutual exploration. What matters is that you and your partner engage in whatever sexual experience feels stimulating and satisfying to the both of you by consensually pursuing your sexual desires in the moment.
- Play with temperature and pressure. If you’re having sex in the shower, you might as well make use of the water. Change the temperature, adjust the pressure, and see what feels good. Enjoy the pressure of water on your genitals, but remember to never direct the jet of water directly into the vagina.
- Now is a great time for anal play. Concerns about cleanliness are something that puts us off experimenting with anal play – but that’s not a problem when you’re in the shower. Next time you’re in the shower alone or with your partner and feel the urge to venture out of your comfort zone, get some silicone lube and try exploring your more taboo erogenous area. Start by slowly massaging your lower back, caressing the outside of your anus, and moving at a pace that makes you comfortable and excited.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article