The Iowa Hawkeyes (5-2) look to stay in the Big 10 Western conference race against the Northwestern Wildcats (1-5) at Ryan Field at 12 p.m. ET Saturday. Below, we break down the Iowa vs Northwestern odds and lines, with college football betting picks and tips.
The Hawkeyes moved up three spots in the polls despite a close, six-point win over a Purdue Boilermakers team without their two best players. Iowa’s struggles on offense at times cause problems when it comes to the spread and even Over/Under.
The Wildcats are unfortunately worse when it comes to scoring. It is partly why the over/under is set so low for this game. Watch to see if weather may play a role in this game.
Iowa at Northwestern: Betting trends and tips
Get some action on this game or others by placing a bet at BetMGM!
- Northwestern ranks 124th in yards per game at 277.23 and averages just 124 yards passing per contest (283rd).
- Offensively, Iowa is better but not earth-shattering. They come in at 57th with 405.6 yards per game of offense. They are 98th in passing at 256.6 YPG.
- Iowa’s two main running backs have combined for less than 750 yards on the season. Neither one has more than 400. Their leading receiver has just 407 yards and 4 touchdowns.
- Northwestern does outrun Iowa as they average 153.2 YPG compared to Iowa’s 149.
- Iowa is 2-5 ATS and Northwestern is just 2-4. As for the over/under, the Hawkeyes are 1-5-1 on the over/under while Northwestern is again 2-4.
- Iowa QB Nate Stanley must get the ball downfield. He has only passed for 1,773 yards, 9 TDs and 5 INTs on the season. Those numbers should be higher.
Wisconsin at Illinois: Odds, betting lines and picks
Odds via BetMGM ; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Thursday at 7:25 a.m. ET.
Iowa 24, Northwestern 10
Moneyline ( ?)
There is a high moneyline in favor of Iowa that is currently at -435. A $10.00 bet would return just a $2.30 profit if Iowa were to win.
Against the Spread ( ?)
The HAWKEYES(-10.5, -106) have just enough balance offensively to cover the spread against Northwestern. It will not be pretty at all. As a matter of fact, this appears to be one of the lower scoring games the Big 10 may offer all season.
Over/Under ( ?)
The total is rather low because of Northwestern’s inability to score combined with Iowa’s inconsistent offense. It could be quite the risk, but take the UNDER 37.5 ( -121) this time around.
Get some action in this one, place a bet with BetMGM today. And for more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @ChrisWasselDFS and @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
Can you spot the Yellowstone elk in this photo?
Donald Trump says he’ll be at World Series, but Nationals say his foe will be tossing first pitch
Predicting which of college football’s 10 undefeated teams will lose in Week 9
Russell Westbrook and James Harden argued on the court, but this experiment might actually work
NBA fans react to Russell Westbrook and James Harden’s first-half argument
Source: Read Full Article