LEON EDWARDS defend his UFC welterweight title against former champion Kamaru Usman at UFC 286 tonight.
Brummie bruiser Edwards shocked the world last August by dethroning the former pound-for-pound king at UFC 278.
Rocky became only Britain's second UFC champion with a Hail Mary head kick in the dying embers of the fifth and final round.
The stunning KO of Usman set up a mouthwatering trilogy fight, which will take place at London's O2 Arena on Saturday night.
A potential 'Fight of the Year' candidate between Justin Gaethje and Rafael Fiziev will serve as the co-main event.
Fan favourite Gaethje will look to bag himself a third crack at the lightweight title with a statement victory over the surging Fiziev.
READ MORE IN UFC
Watch McGregor have off-camera chat with UFC head honcho at Jones’ return
UFC P4P rankings revealed after Jon Jones destroys Gane to win heavyweight title
Azerbaijani banger Fiziev, meanwhile, will hope to announce himself as an elite 155-pounder with a bloody win over the former interim champion.
A slew of Brits will also be in action on the sold-out O2 Arena card.
England's Lerone Murphy and Muhammad Mokaev will lock horns with Gabrel Santos and Jafel Filho respectively.
Christian Leroy Duncan, Sam Patterson, Jai Herbert and Jake Hadley make up the rest of the English contingent, taking on Dusko Todorovic, Yanal Ashmoz, Ľudovít Klein and Malcolm Gordon respectively.
Most read in MMA
Watch Edwards and Usman have intense final staredown ahead of UFC 286
UFC star Jeff Molina reveals he's bisexual in emotional letter
McGregor lashes out at drug-testing agency as UFC return in doubt over row
Watch Edwards & Usman weigh-in for UFC 286 as Covington makes shock appearance
Joanne Wood, Casey O'Neil and Chris Duncan will be flying the flag for Scotland, taking on Luana Carolina, Jennifer Maia and Omar Morales.
And newly-minted featherweight Jack Shore is the sole Welshman in action, throwing down with 'Mr Finland' Makwan Amirkhani.
Here's everything you need to know about the card:
When is UFC 286: Leon Edwards vs Kamaru Usman 3?
- UFC 286: Leon Edwards vs Kamaru Usman 3 will take place on Saturday, March 18.
- The main card for the night is expected to start at 9pm UK time, while Edwards vs Usman will begin around 10:30pm UK time.
- The 02 Arena in London is the venue.
What channel is UFC 286 on and can it be live streamed?
- UFC 286: Leon Edwards vs Kamaru Usman 3 will be shown live on BT Sport Box Office for £19.95
- If you have purchased the fight, you can live stream the fight on your smartphone via the BT Sport Box Office app, which is free to download to your mobile or tablet device.
Who is on the UFC 286 undercard?
Main Card (9pm UK Time):
- Leon Edwards vs Kamaru Usman –MAIN EVENT for UFC Welterweight Championship
- Rafael Fiziev vs Justin Gaethje (CO-MAIN EVENT)
- Joanne Wood vs Luana Carolina
- Roman Dolidze vs Marvin Vettori
- Gunnar Nelson vs Bryan Barberena
Prelims (7pm UK Time):
- Jack Shore vs Makwan Amirkhani
- Sam Patterson vs Yanal Ashmoz
- Chris Duncan vs Omar Morales
- Lerone Murphy vs TBD
Early prelims (5pm UK time):
- Muhammad Mokaev vs Jafel Filho
- Christian Leroy Duncan vs Dusko Todorovic
- Malcolm Gordon vs Jake Hadley
- Jennifer Maia vs Casey O’Neill
- Jai Herbert vs Ludovit Klein
- Julianna Miller vs Veronica Macedo
Read More on The Sun
Coca-Cola makes huge change to another iconic fizzy drink after Lilt
Shoppers love Matalan’s new Spring range – but they all have same complaint
- Leon Edwards – 19/10
- Kamaru Usman – 2/5
*Odds courtesy of Ladbrokes and are correct at the time of publication.
Source: Read Full Article