THE Nevers, a new science fiction thriller, launched on HBO in April of 2021.
The drama is set in Victorian London in the year 1896 and features women with unique abilities known as "The Touched."
Who's in the cast of HBO's The Nevers?
- Laura Donnelly: Donnelly stars as Amalia True: "Mysterious and impulsive, Amalia is the (somewhat reckless) leader of the Touched and co-founder of their safe haven, the orphanage," according to the show's website.
- Ann Skelly: The actress plays Penance Adair, who is Amalia's best friend. She is "viewed as a gentle, caring leader of the Touched."
- Olivia Williams: The veteran actress portrays Lavinia Bidlow, "a wealthy benefactor and champion of the Touched." Her character funds the orphanage and "has great influence in high society."
- Rochelle Neil: Neil portrays Annie on the show. Also known as Bonfire, she is a career criminal with the ability to control fire.
- Ben Chaplin: The Thin Red Line star plays Detective Frank Mundi, who is "gruff and deeply honorable. The detective "finds himself torn between his duties and moral compass."
- Denis O'Hare: The versatile actor who has also starred on Broadway plays Dr Edmund Hague, a "gifted but deranged American surgeon."
- James Norton: The Little Women actor plays Hugo Swann, a "rich and irreverent proprietor of a sex club employing the Touched individuals."
- Tom Riley: The actor, producer, and director plays Augustus "Augie" Bidlow. According to the show's website, "sweet and awkward" Augie is a "keen ornithologist who is more than happy to let his older sister Lavinia take the reins of the family fortune."
- Pip Torrens: The Crown actor plays Lord Gilbert Massen, "a former general and an influential government official who leads a crusade against the Touched and sees them as a threat."
- Amy Manson: The Scottish actress plays murderous Maladie, who "runs a gang of Touched seeking power and goes on an infamous, public killing spree."
What is the plot of The Nevers?
The Nevers is set in August of 1896.
Victorian London is "rocked to its foundations by a supernatural event which gives certain people – mostly women – abnormal abilities, from the wondrous to the disturbing," according to the show description.
"But no matter their particular 'turns,' all who belong to this new underclass are in grave danger.
'It falls to mysterious, quick-fisted widow Amalia True (Laura Donnelly) and brilliant young inventor Penance Adair (Ann Skelly) to protect and shelter these gifted 'orphans.'
"To do so, they will have to face the brutal forces determined to annihilate their kind."
Donnelly says that viewers are in for quite a ride as the series progresses.
“I can tell you that it certainly all gets explained. But the question is, what am I allowed to tell you?” Donnelly told TheWrap.
“When it comes to these spoilers, there is no point in me telling you what happens in Episode 6, right? That has to be experienced. But what I will say is that when I read Episode 6, it blew my mind.
"I think that whatever anybody thinks they know about this show come the end of Episode 5, that’s going to be completely turned on its head right from the start of Episode 6.”
The Nevers airs on HBO and is available on the streaming service HBO Max.
Source: Read Full Article