John Barrowman wont return to Dancing On Ice as judge as he takes on new show

Daily Star TV gives you all the latest interviews and spoilers and Ed Gleave will send you telly’s hot takes straight to your inbox every Sunday

Usually sitting alongside Christopher Dean, Jayne Torvill and Ashley Banjo, John Barrowman will not be making a return to Dancing On Ice for 2022.

The 54-year-old showman will be heading elsewhere in ITV as he prepares to host a brand new primetime show titled All Star Musicals.

His replacement on the judging panel remains to be seen.

An ITV spokesperson told Daily Star: "We thank John Barrowman for two brilliant years on the Dancing On Ice panel and are pleased to be working with him again as host of the forthcoming All Star Musicals specials."

A spokesman for John also commented on this and said: "John is thrilled to be returning to work for ITV as host on the new All Star Musicals."

  • John Barrowman branded 'disgraceful' as he receives backlash over cinema refund

The news comes following accusations that the actor had exposed himself on the sets of other shows.

In May, stories of John's alleged behaviour came to light when his Dr Who co-star Noel Clarke was alleged to have sexually harassed and groped a number of women, which was actively denied.

Clarke stated at the time: "I vehemently deny and sexual misconduct or criminal wrongdoing," though he apologised for affecting people in ways he "did not intend or realise".

  • John Barrowman's pantomime gig scrapped amid 'inappropriate behaviour' claims

Not long after the claims were made, a 2015 video resurfaced of Noel discussing the Dancing On Ice judge, with Noel claiming John would often jokingly expose himself "every five seconds" while on set.

The actor was also said to have flashed in 2008 during a Radio 1 interview, when discussing his inappropriate pranks with presenters. But John later apologised for going too far.

Earlier this year, John – who came third place in 2018's I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Here! – went into therapy.

Not long after the claims were made, a 2015 video resurfaced of Noel discussing the Dancing On Ice judge, with Noel claiming John would often expose himself "every five seconds" while on set.

The actor was also said to have flashed in 2008 during a Radio 1 interview, when discussing his sordid pranks with presenters. But he later apologised for going too far.

Earlier this year, John – who came third place in 2018's I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Here! – went into therapy.

  • John Barrowman's husband says star has been 'viciously attacked’ for exposure claims

The Torchwood star told press: "They were different times, which is why I wouldn’t do now what I did then. I’ve acknowledged that by the way my behaviour has changed.

"I’ve always believed that the reason I was put on this planet was to bring joy to people, make them laugh. How I do that has evolved over the years.

He added: "I’m still using humour, just in a different way than might have been the case ten or 20 years ago."

John has never been arrested or charged and no other allegations have been made about John.

He also insisted at the time that his place on Dancing On Ice was not in jeopardy.

For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

  • Dancing On Ice
  • ITV

Source: Read Full Article