THE GRANDMOTHER of a two-year-old boy shot in the head alongside his mum by a masked moped gunman has appealed for help to find the attacker.
Lillian Serunkuma spoke out as police released CCTV of a moded rider fleeing following the shooting in Harlesden, North West London on June 3.
The tot, his mum and two teen relatives were injured when a gunman let off eight rounds on a residential street, in what police described as an "act of indiscriminate violence".
The lone shooter fired several shots at the two teenage men, hitting them, the mother and her baby son, who was in a nearby car, before fleeing.
Doctors told the little boy's family the bullet missed a crucial artery by just 1mm and, if damaged, the injury would have been fatal.
Police believe the gunman used a handgun to blast the family.
Footage released by cops today shows a moped speeding away from the scene.
Six people arrested in connection with the the callous shooting have been released under investigation with The Met offering a £20,000 reward for information leading to convictions for those responsible.
Lillian Serunkuma, grandmother of the two-year-old who was shot, urged anyone with information to come foward
She said: "I worry that someone with that mind-set is a risk to the community. This is something no family should have to deal with.
"The fact that an innocent child was also a victim, it’s important that people acknowledge this should never happen and any information however insignificant at the time may be important now.”
This is something no family should have to deal with
The Times reported at the time that Lillian also witnessed the attack on her family.
Tragically, her son Qumari Serunkuma-Barnes was stabbed to death when he was just 15 in 2017.
It later emerged that Aaron Youngsam, the dad of the little boy injured in the shooting, was accused of gunning down Craig Small, 32, in September last year.
Local resident Nora Moran, 34, said: “A man was shot in the shoulder and another man had been shot in the leg.
“One of the neighbours gave one of the men compressions as he laid on the floor in the dark.
“Then I saw a man coming out of the house carrying a young child, he was covered in a blanket and had a bandage around his head.”
Detective Chief Inspector Pete Wallis, Specialist Crime North, who leads the investigation, said: “This was an appalling attack that left a little boy fighting for his life and, by sheer chance, did not end in a fatality.
"We have worked around the clock to try and find those responsible but we need the public’s help."
Source: Read Full Article