Keith J. Kelly
Relentlessly pro-Trump sites saw big gains leading up to 2020 election
Meredith taps digital exec Catherine Levene, 1st woman to lead its mags
TheMaven hasn't filed financial docs in nearly three years
Entertainment Weekly editor departs as successor search is underway
Book publishers worry that Barnes & Noble hack will spur holiday snafus
The New York Daily News sports writer who reportedly had his NY Jets press credentials withdrawn for ‘stalking’ the team general manager’s son has been yanked from his beat and his Twitter account was deleted on Thursday.
“Manish Mehta has been removed from the New York Jets beat. Coverage of the team will continue uninterrupted,” according to the newspaper’s sports Twitter account.
Mehta could not be reached and the NY Daily News did not immediately return requests for comment. His @mmehtanydn twitter account, which was working Thursday afternoon, no longer exists.
Earlier this year, Mehta had been banned from the New York Jets team’s facility and had his credentials revoked, leading to speculation that he was being punished for his harsh criticism of the team.
But Craig Carton of WFAN caused a stir on his show last month when he said Mehta had been banned for was stalking Jets general manager’s Joe Douglas son.
Adding the intrigue, stories by Mehta with quotes from Jets press conferences continued to appear during the time he was reportedly banned.
And when writer Charles McDonald left the Daily News for USA Today last month he added to the mystery with a tweet suggesting he was being forced to do Mehta’s reporting. “USA today/for the win. getting back into more national coverage now that i’m not being used to hold up the façade that a certain jets writer still has access to the team.”
Sources told The Post McDonald’s tweet was a direct reference to Mehta.
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article