Girl, 5, screamed 'I'm dying, I'm dying' after accidentally knocking 180C fat from deep fryer over herself at home

A GIRL was left screaming 'I'm dying, I'm dying' after accidentally knocking 180C fat from the deep fryer over herself at home.

Grace Shaw was 5 when she suffered burns on 38 per cent of her body as doctors feared she wouldn't survive when she went into shock because of the pain.


The little girl had been playing with her younger sister Farrah when she fell and pulled the boiling fat over herself.

Mum Toni-Marie Grundy-Jones said the liquid inside the fryer was between 180C and 190C when the shocking accident happened.

Grace endured more than 100 surgeries and has lost most of her hair which will never grow back, Wales Online reports.

Recalling the horrific day, she said: "When I got home, Grace was just shaking and screaming in pain and kept on saying ‘I’m dying, I’m dying’.

"We didn’t even wait for an ambulance – we just drove her to A&E ourselves.”

Her dad Gary covered her in wet towels as he desperately tried to ease her pain.

Grace was rushed to Royal Glamorgan Hospital in Wales and her parents praised the staff for how they cared for their daughter.

She was then ventilated and sedated before being taken by ambulance to Bristol Children’s Hospital.

Grace underwent emergency skin grafts while she was sedated.

Her mum said: "She had burns to her head, half her back, her left and right arm. She also had splashes on her legs and feet. The only thing that wasn’t affected was her torso."

Toni-Marie said it was touch and go for weeks before Grace woke up and demanded "black pop and raspberries".

MOST READ IN NEWS

FAMILY'S FURY

Monster gave Angel a life sentence but he'll be out in two years, say family

SNOW'S A GO

Snow to fall in Britain THIS WEEKEND as 'rapidly deepening' Arctic storm looms

VIOLENT FANTASIES

Thug who left girlfriend 'unable to walk or talk' poses with huge knife

'DEVASTATING'

Gran, 49, detained after grandson, 5, stabbed to death as family pay tribute

Since the terrifying accident in 2016, Grace has regular appointments at the Welsh Centre for Burns and Plastic Surgery at Morriston Hospital in Swansea.

Toni-Marie said Grace, now nine, is confident and wants everyone to know what she's been through.

She added: "She’s retained her confidence and always manages to smile.”



    Source: Read Full Article