LA County authorities seize $1 billion in weed in historic takedown

More On:

marijuana

Letters to the Editor — July 7, 2021

NFL weed advocate has one hope after Sha’Carri Richardson’s Olympic ban

Biden praises sprinter’s response to weed suspension — but ‘rules are rules’

‘Let Sha’Carri Run!’: Fans petition for sprinter to rejoin Olympic team

Holy smoke!

Los Angeles County authorities confiscated $1 billion of illegally grown marijuana last month — the largest takedown of its kind in the county, officials announced Wednesday.

The weed was seized from cartel-run illegal grow operations in the Antelope Valley during a 10-day sting in June, officials said.

The multi-law enforcement agency bust resulted in 131 arrests and netted 373,000 plants.

Last month’s takedown squandered 205 illegal grow operations.

Despite the massive pot haul, many more illegal grows remain in the area that has seen an uptick in illicit operations during the coronavirus pandemic, officials said.

California legalized recreational marijuana sales in January 2018.

The state’s legal cannabis industry is being hindered by the cartel-run operations, which also pose environmental threats.

With Post wires

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article