MEGHAN Markle encouraged “angry” Prince Harry to seek therapy after seeing him “hurting” – and he says it made him a better dad.
The Duke of Sussex told Dax Shepard’s Armchair Expert podcast that his wife had encouraged him to get help with feelings of “frustration” about things that were "out of his control".
🔵 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest updates
During the podcast, Dax asked Harry about what spurred him to seek therapy.
The Duke responded: “It was a conversation I had with my now wife.
“She saw it straight away, she could tell that I was hurting and that some of the stuff that was out of my control was making me really angry – it would make my blood boil.”
He added: “I’ve never screamed, I’ve never shouted but for me the best way of letting out the aggression is through boxing.”
Elsewhere in the podcast, Harry revealed…
- Prince Harry claims his life is like the film The Truman Show and he is targeted with "vile and toxic abuse" by trolls
- Harry revealed how he and Meghan Markle first met up in a supermarket – and ‘pretended’ they didn’t know each other to avoid attracting attention
- Harry tries to have "compassion" for trolls, but finds it "really hard when you're on the receiving end"
- The Duke said that life had felt "more free" since his move to LA with Meghan
- Harry doesn't believe in the "old way of thinking" where girls just "want to be a princess"
- Meghan Markle gave Prince Harry words of wisdom about Royal life – telling him "you can create your own life better than any princess"
Harry also spoke candidly of the three times in his life where he recalled feeling “helpless”.
He highlighted a moment where he sat in the back of a car with his mum Diana as she was chased by paparazzi, spending time in Afghanistan in an Apache helicopter and an unspecified time with his wife Meghan.
Harry added: “Those are the times in my life where feeling helpless really hurts.”
During the chat, Harry said that therapy had made him a better dad and helped him to “process” a number of traumatic events in his life.
He said: “Losing my mum at 12 and all the traumatic experiences that happened to me since then made me think, perhaps I need to deal with this and process this.
“Because if I don't how the hell am I going to be a decent father to my son and daughter?’
“Talking about and processing it has helped me heal.”
Harry added: “I don’t need therapy anymore – but I want it.”
Prince Harry also revealed he feels "more free" since his move to LA, where he lives with Meghan Markle and son Archie.
He told the podcast: “Living here now I can actually lift my head and actually I feel different, my shoulders have dropped, so has hers, you can walk around feeling a little bit more free.
“I can take Archie on the back of my bicycle. I never had the chance to do that."
Source: Read Full Article