Save articles for later
Add articles to your saved list and come back to them any time.
A third teenager has been charged over the alleged abduction and assault of a schoolboy in Melbourne’s south-east last week.
A 14-year-old girl was arrested on Wednesday morning. She has been charged with conduct endangering serious injury, recklessly causing serious injury in circumstances of gross violence, dangerous driving, armed robbery, robbery, theft of a motor vehicle and possessing the proceeds of crime.
Police gathering evidence at the scene of the incident last Monday.Credit: Nine News
The girl has been bailed to appear at a children’s court at a later date.
On Monday last week, a 14-year-old school boy was allegedly forced into an SUV in Glen Huntly before being ejected from the moving vehicle shortly after.
The boy remained in hospital in a serious condition. Police have said he sustained “life-altering” head injuries.
Two other teens were charged last week in relation to the alleged abduction.
On Thursday, a 14-year-old boy was arrested and charged with 30 offences, including theft of a vehicle and intentionally causing serious injury, according to documents released by the court.
He was accused of stealing goods, including a Volkswagen valued at more than $55,000, several mobile phones, an electric scooter and multiple sets of keys. The case is scheduled to return to court on September 28.
A 15-year-old was arrested on Saturday and charged with multiple counts of armed robbery, robbery, conduct endangering life, intentionally causing serious injury, theft of motor vehicle and theft. He was remanded to the Children’s Court.
A spokeswoman for Victoria Police said the investigation was ongoing.
With Eliza Sum, Alex Crowe
Get alerts on significant breaking news as happens. Sign up for our Breaking News Alert.
Most Viewed in National
From our partners
Source: Read Full Article