Travis Scott 'called for ambulances' from Astroworld Festival stage and 'pushed organizers to react,' concert-goer says

TRAVIS Scott pleaded for help from the stage at his Astroworld Festival and pushed organizers to react, according to one concert goer.

The rapper, 30, is said to have called for ambulances and paused during his performance in Houston on Friday night after seeing his fans in trouble.


That's according to one concert goer who told The Sun the Antidote star told organizers to "hurry up" with their help.

They added: "They never really stopped the music. But Travis Scott did take pauses during his performance.

“He would ask what’s going on and to call for ambulances. He was pushing organizers to react shouting ‘Hurry up let’s go, let’s go!’

"But he couldn’t control that kind of situation."

The fan – who wished to remain anonymous – said they had attended the event with with eight who all "made it out safe."

But they added: "People were passing out and dying of dehydration and the security guards told us: ‘We can’t let you out unless you are passed out.’"

The fan said: "I helped carry people since the security guards were not much use.

"The smaller individuals, under 5ft 4 were like struggling for air. Children were being trampled. I saw a young female snap her ankle."

Read our Travis Scott Astroworld Festival live blog for the very latest news and updates…

Eight people died at the concert in Houston, Texas on Friday with victims aged between 14 and 27.

'OUT OF HAND'

The fan added: "Imagine thousands of people pushing you forward.

"Water was not given out and only available for $5.

"Over 50,000 people and only about 300 security guards. I’ve never been to a concert this chaotic.

"It’s the city’s fault, not the rapper.

"I knew it was gonna get out of hand and so did my friends and we knew not to separate each other."

Reality star Washington Ho from House of Ho had already told The Sun security checks made the crowd "anxious and angry" before the fatal stampede.

Officials in Texas said the crowd began to "compress towards the front of the stage" at around 9.15pm, sparking panic.

On Monday it emerged that Scott played for more than 30 minutes after his Astroworld festival was declared a mass casualty incident.

Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña said the event was declared a "mass casualty" at 9:38pm.

The New York Times and The Houston Chronicle say Scott was still on stage at 10:15pm. Reuters report 10:10pm.

Scott had briefly stopped the show at 9:42pm, calling for help for a concertgoer who had passed out. He then resumed the show, Insider reports.

MASS CASUALTY INCIDENT

Scott's girlfriend Kylie Jenner said they did not know what had happened while her partner performed.

She wrote: "I want to make it clear we weren't aware of any fatalities until the news came out after the show and in no world would have continued filming or performing."

Footage posted online shows fans screaming for help, with one concert-goer yelling: "There is someone dead in there." Other chant: "Stop the Show."

It is not clear if officials could hear those pleas. There have been no arrests in connection with the incident.

Victims of the tragedy include 21-year-old student Axel Acosta and schoolboy John Hilgert, who was just 14.

Student Franco Patiño, 21, Danish Baig, 27, Brianna Rodriguez, 16, Jacob Jurinek, Madison Dubiski, 23,  and Rudy Peña, 23, are also among the victims.

Scott, Drake, and Astroworld festival organizers Live Nation are now reportedly being sued for damages following the fatal tragedy.

LEGAL ACTION

TMZ reported on Sunday that civil rights and personal injury attorney Ben Crump is representing victims who are suing Travis Scott and Live Nation following the disaster. 

The Sun reported over the weekend how video from Scott's performances throughout his career show him encouraging fans to leap from balconies or turning on venue security guards.

He has been arrested twice for particularly violent concerts, including once for inciting a riot as he urged fans to rush the stage as the crowds broke through barricades.

In videos posted to Instagram on Saturday, Scott was overcome with emotion as he gave a statement about his actions during the tragic first night of the Astroworld Festival.

"My fans really mean the world to me and I always wanna leave them with a positive experience and anytime I can make out anything that’s going on, I stop the show and help them get the help they need, you know?" he said.


We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The US Sun team?

Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS

    Source: Read Full Article